My sister recently gifted me a beautiful, glass loose tea pot for my birthday and I absolutely love it! With the pot, she included a bag of her homegrown chamomile tea and a bag of loose black chai tea. I have always been curious about the different effects of tea, but it wasn’t until yesterday night that I experienced it.
The past two weeks I have had some difficulty sleeping, a lot has been on my mind and I can’t seem to relax once my head hits the pillow…so it got me thinking…. maybe a warm glass of chamomile tea (which is supposed to produce a calming effect and is excellent for anxiety) would do the trick…and it did! It worked so well, in fact I was sleeping like a baby by 11:00pm and I felt fully refreshed when I awoke in the morning. It inspired me to write about 6 different teas that could offer a natural alternative to some mental and/or physical health issues you may be experiencing:
Loose Glass Tea Pot
1. Chamomile Tea / Chamomile Mixed with Lemongrass – Calms the body, relaxes the system, helps with anxiety, serves as an excellent sleep aid
Chamomile and Lemongrass Loose Tea Blend
2. Green Tea / Black Chai Tea – Contains a healthy dose of caffeine, promotes energy, productivity, focus, concentration, alertness and enhances work performance
(Peppermint Tea also promotes focus and energy without the caffeine).
Black Chai Tea
3. Lemon Verbena Tea / Lemon Balm Tea/ Rooibos Tea – Natural mood boosting properties, helps with the “blues,” soothes nerves, relieves tummy aches, rich in vitamin C and antioxidants
Lemon Balm Tea
4. Ginger Tea – Excellent for digestion, can help with nausea, vomiting or an upset stomach due to motion sickness, combine with lemon juice and honey for a powerful germ fighter
5. Rosehip Tea – A perfect immune system booster, excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E, produces a calming effect on the nervous system
6. Ginseng Tea – Can help lower blood pressure and stimulate the production of serotonin which can greatly help with symptoms of depression