Choosing items with geometric shapes and designs can give your home an exceptionally modern and futuristic style. That’s why triangular furnishings can add the perfect minimalist and sleek touch to your home décor. Whether it is chic triangular seating or geometrically shaped shelving units, these triangular furnishings will surely stand out among the rest and give your interior space a simple yet eclectic appearance.
We all know the scrumptious slice of pumpkin pie with a glob of whipped cream on top of it, but did you know you could use pumpkin for oodles of delicious dishes?
1. Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
1. Tease the seeds out of the pumpkin innards with your fingers and rinse them in a colander
2. Boil the seeds in a pot of well-salted water 1o minutes
3. Drain and spread on baking sheet
4. Toss with 1 tsp. olive oil
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the seeds are toasty brown
2. Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
2. Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups pumpkin puree and stir to combine
3. Add vegetable stock if needed to thin the sauce a bit
4. Add minced fresh sage or rosemary and serve over whole-wheat penne pasta
3. Pumpkin Ice Cream (Requires Ice Cream Maker!)
2. Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions
4. Low-Fat Whole Grain Pumpkin Pancakes
1. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, .5 tsp ground nutmeg and .5 tsp ground ginger
2. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 egg yolk, 1 cup canned pumpkin, ¼ cup brown sugar, and 3 tbsp apple butter. Stir in 2 cups of skim milk until well-blended
3. All at once, add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
4. In a medium bowl, beat 3 egg whites until light and fluffy (you can use a fork, whisk, or electric beater for this). Fold egg whites into batter
5. Ladle batter by 1/4 cup amounts onto a preheated nonstick griddle lightly sprayed with cooking spray, Cook until evenly browned on both sides
Recipe makes about 20 pancakes (when the 1/4 cup measure is used)
5. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
2. Puree until icy and smooth
6. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread
1. Add 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2. 2 Tbsp. sugar (or sugar substitute to taste)
3. 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice to 8 ounces of low-fat cream cheese
Pumpkin is an extremely versatile squash that works great as a fall decoration and tastes absolutely amazing in a variety dishes.
Turning something old into something beautiful and new is inspiring and refreshing. Upcycled furniture is not only a great way to be green but designers can create extremely beautiful pieces of art using materials that they would simply discard in the proper recycling bin.
Using upcycled furnishings in your home décor can add a unique and original touch to the interior design. Plus it is a cost efficient way to incorporate some eco-friendly techniques as well.
We can definitely feel the chill outside here in New Jersey but the days still have a warm sun overhead to enjoy until fall really comes down on us. It got me thinking how nice it would be to have a picnic at the park or even in the backyard especially once the leaves begin turning beautiful red, orange and golden hues.
Obviously, one of the most important aspects of having a good picnic is the food! But I was thinking of one of the fundamentals that can sometimes be overlooked – what are you having your picnic on?
I came across this wonderfully stylish and comfortable picnic blanket to lounge out on called The Fatboy Picnic Lounge – this spacious rug comes with four over-sized red pins to keep grounded (in case of a strong breeze!) and a brush to keep clean from debris and fallen leaves. It is made from weather resistant material and has a water-repellant coating. There is a convenient pocket attached to it providing space for your phone and keys. The strap allows you to easily roll it up to easily transport your picnic to anywhere you choose.
Fatboy USA is well-known for Fatboy the Original, a versatile beanbag designed by Jukka Setala. However, Fatboy USA also offers an assortment of other contemporary furnishings including dog beds, hammocks and beanbags, many of which can be used both indoors and outdoors. Fatboy USA products come in variety of vibrant colors and patterns definitely worth checking out!
Modern décor offers countless uniquely designed furnishings to spruce up your home or business’ interior and exterior landscape. One particular brand that caught my eye is called Flux Furniture. Flux Furniture designers Douwe Jacobs and Tom Schouten gained inspiration for their work from paper artists, however, instead of using one sheet of paper to sculpt their masterpieces, they chose to sculpt their furnishings using a single sheet of durable, weatherproof polypropylene. Additionally, Flux Furniture chairs are great for travel and can easily fold-up for storage.
Flux Furniture can be used both outdoors and indoors, making these excellent pieces for lounging around inside, gathering with friends around a bonfire or creating your own lawn seats at a concert.
Autumn is truly my favorite time of the year. The air is crisp, the sun shines and the leaves turn a beautiful array of colors. As always, September 22nd marks the Autumn Equinox so I thought it would be nice to write about some fun fall activities to enjoy this amazing season!
1. Bake a scrumptious apple, pumpkin or pecan pie. If you don’t enjoy baking, why not try making some delicious butternut squash soup! At the very least, drink a warm cup of spiced cider.
2. Go apple-picking or pumpkin-picking. If you really want to have some fun, try gourd-picking! Gourds come in so many unique shapes, colors and sizes, I love seeing what I can find
3. Let your inner child shine! Go on a hayride, get lost in a corn maze or leap into a pile of leaves
4. Dig up your old warm and cozy clothes or take a shopping trip with friends to a thrift store for comfy sweaters and flannels
5. Make a pine cone bird feeder or collect pine cones and display them in a glass bowl
6. Get started early on your pumpkin carving or paint on them to make some really cool fall designs!