My sister recently gifted me a beautiful, glass loose tea pot for my birthday and I absolutely love it! With the pot, she included a bag of her homegrown chamomile tea and a bag of loose black chai tea. I have always been curious about the different effects of tea, but it wasn’t until yesterday night that I experienced it.
The past two weeks I have had some difficulty sleeping, a lot has been on my mind and I can’t seem to relax once my head hits the pillow…so it got me thinking…. maybe a warm glass of chamomile tea (which is supposed to produce a calming effect and is excellent for anxiety) would do the trick…and it did! It worked so well, in fact I was sleeping like a baby by 11:00pm and I felt fully refreshed when I awoke in the morning. It inspired me to write about 6 different teas that could offer a natural alternative to some mental and/or physical health issues you may be experiencing:
1. Chamomile Tea / Chamomile Mixed with Lemongrass – Calms the body, relaxes the system, helps with anxiety, serves as an excellent sleep aid
2. Green Tea / Black Chai Tea – Contains a healthy dose of caffeine, promotes energy, productivity, focus, concentration, alertness and enhances work performance
(Peppermint Tea also promotes focus and energy without the caffeine).
3. Lemon Verbena Tea / Lemon Balm Tea/ Rooibos Tea – Natural mood boosting properties, helps with the “blues,” soothes nerves, relieves tummy aches, rich in vitamin C and antioxidants
4. Ginger Tea – Excellent for digestion, can help with nausea, vomiting or an upset stomach due to motion sickness, combine with lemon juice and honey for a powerful germ fighter
5. Rosehip Tea – A perfect immune system booster, excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E, produces a calming effect on the nervous system
6. Ginseng Tea – Can help lower blood pressure and stimulate the production of serotonin which can greatly help with symptoms of depression