20 Days til’ Christmas Countdown: Our countdown to Christmas begins today! Everyday I will be posting different fun activities, yummy recipes and creative ways to celebrate leading up to Christmas day!
Ever wonder what to do with all of those plastic bags left over from grocery shopping? Well aside from turning them into bathroom trash can bags or simply throwing them away, you can turn them into amazing holiday wreaths in a few easy steps:
What You’ll Need:
- Plastic Bags (start with 30 bags, you may need more to complete the wreath)
- 12′ inch wire wreath frame
How to Make Recycled Plastic Bag Wreath:
- Lay your plastic bags flat and cut off the ends of the bags
- cut into 1 – 2 inch thick strips length wise in one batch
- Double knot the plastic bags around the wire frame and push them together, so they are bunched
- Keep knotting and bunching until your wreath is complete, decorate with ornaments, ribbons or bows
You can use different colored plastic bags to create a a multi-colored look or you can leave completely white like a winter snow. The best part is, you are turning junk into a creative activity and transforming into something new and lovely!