Whether you are a seasoned chef or a cooking phobic, there are a number of neat tricks you can do to make sure your red meat is absolutely delicious!
- Always store meat in its own cooking juices – this enhances and preserves the flavor
- If you accidentally scorch meat, wrap it in a towel and cover the meat for five minutes before scraping off the burnt spots with a knife
- To reheat meat, use lettuce leaves in between meat slices to keep the meat tender
- To soak up any extra grease and to keep meat from curling (specifically bacon) place strips between paper towels, cook for 3 to 5 minutes
- Marinade your meat in white vinegar and oil (one to two parts). Add canned whole tomatoes to roasts as well. This will tenderize the meat and when marinating always keep in the fridge.
- Never push meat down with a spatula while cooking, you’ll dry it by squeezing out all its yummy juices
- If your meatballs fall apart while cooking them, refrigerate them 20 minutes before to keep this from happening!
- Use basil, thyme, marjoram, summer savory and rosemary when cooking red meat – you don’t have to use all at once, these are just the best herbs to use with red meat
Use these helpful red meat cooking tips and your dishes will come out perfect every time!