Put away those heavy grains and over-salted snacks – replace with a simple to make side dish or healthier mouthwatering treat – roasted brussel sprouts!
All you need is a bag of brussel of sprouts, a knife and some spices and you are ready to start roasting!
For the tastiest version – try adding a little sugar and spice to the mix
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- cut the stems off your brussel sprouts, then cut your sprouts in halves
- place them in a bowl and hand coat them in virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil by tossing them around a bit
- add your spices! I add a little sugar, lemon pepper, pink salt, rosemary. basil, a touch of thyme and red pepper flakes (for a little extra spiciness!)
- spray or coat your pan in oil
- place your brussel sprouts on your pan
- spray them one more time with a touch of oil for good measure
- let them bake for about 15 min before shuffling them around
- bake for another 15 minutes
You will have the perfect bite-size snack or side dish! They are tasty, healthy and absolutely scrumptious!